lundi 28 avril 2014

ZR 1.4 Over Heating Issue

Fingers crossed this isn't HG failure, as the head gasket was only done 18 months ago.



Several weeks ago while in heavy stationary traffic my ZR overheated and I lost all the water from the expansion bottle. I did turn the engine of straight away and allowed the engine to cool fully before refilling. Since then no major issues apart from very minor water loss which as been the norm. Then last night I had to travel 55 mile home, and checked the water level before leaving and the bottle was on the max line. After driving 8 mile I hit stationary traffic and within five minutes the engine overheated again. Once again I pulled over and shut the engine down, waited for the engine to cool and filled the bottle up. Waited for the traffic to clear and drove the 50 miles home on the M5 with no issues.



I have checked for water in the oil, and visa versa and all is good. So is this a fault with the thermostat or the fan?





from the last news http://ift.tt/1kcReqw

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil