mercredi 28 mai 2014

75 Cdi Starts then stalls

After refitting the ECU that Marina Brian sorted I thought all was well! An earlier thread I started gives background.



However today, after the car has been parked on the street in sometimes heavy rain over the past few days, when I turned the ignition it started but after a few seconds stalled.



I repeated this and sometimes it would run for 30 seconds sometimes less before stalling. Trying to use the accelerator also caused it to stall.



At about the 10th attempt it ran fine and I took it for a drive and it ran very well. Does that rule out it being an injector issue?



I'm presuming that as it starts it cannot be a glow plug issue. As the ECU has been repaired I don't think it will be that. The plenum seems to drain ok too. The underbonnet pump sounded to be fine (it and the in tank pump where both replaced about 50k ago).



The can has done about 119k.



I'm guessing it may be a sensor or poor wiring from a sensor that is compromised when damp.



Any suggestions where to start checking?



thanks



Rob





from the last news http://ift.tt/1oKgdoK

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil