mardi 30 septembre 2014

MG ZT Car to Car Stowbar Swap.

Today I was mostly ... out in the warm sunshine doing this ...



Fitted the complete STOWBAR Assembly to my XPG MG ZT after removing it from my other ZT. Gave it a coat of Smooth Black Hammerite Gloss for added protection against corrosion after some wire brush preparation. Came up like new. Well pleased with the result. I have fitted Tow Bars to all my cars. Rarely use them but, when I do so glad to have them available.



Powerwash after bumper removal. Dislike working with dirty components.







Freshly painted all ready to fit. Both main mounting brackets already fitted and bolted into their chassis tube location. Two sets of 19mm Bolts.







All fitted and nicely bolted up :~







Close view of Stowbar in place.







General view of Stowbar attachment in place. It is quickly detachable so can be "Stowed" ... now there's a thing.... :)







Note: I took a specimen of each of the corroded mounting bolts and nuts round to South West Fasteners in Gloucester. Very helpful chap sorted me out some nice shiney new ones ~ charged me only three quid. Delighted with that as I was all set up to refurbish the old ones using a wire brush in an electric drill.



Will come in handy one day ~ they always do. Not long ago phone call from son #1..




Quote:








Originally Posted by Metro Martin

Dad ~ the Clutch Slave has expired in my 620ti. I'm stuck in Cheltenham ... need a tow ... help.




As ever... Dad to the rescue.... ... ;)





from the last news http://ift.tt/1rDMlxb

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil