lundi 29 décembre 2014

my turn for HG fail!

I knew it would be me eventually, our MK2 that we have had since mid 2012 has now started to use water and run rough at cold start up.



I check coolant every two weeks in general, but now the weather is poor and we use more screenwash its more often that it gets checked, its used a tiny bit of water since 2012 but no more than any other car would, but recently it has used maybe half a header tank each time.



the mrs uses it for work, she has complained that it has started rough on a few occasions but when I have gone and to start it its been fine, but yesterday it wasnt!



I suspect is leaking coolant overnight between water jacket and cylinder, coolant isnt being pushed out under pressure and the car runs fine and idles perfect once its going, no oil and water mixing in any direction.



Inlet gasket was changed in 2013 as I thought the HG had gone then, but it was the inlet gasket.



I reckon its the original gasket on the head but I cant confirm mileage as at some point before our ownership it had a used engine put into it.





After doing the cam timing on our mk1 recently I am going to have a crack at this job myself, the parts arent too dear, and I have somebody who knows about this job on hand if I need owt.



Only thing is the car will still be used in the meantime while I get everything together to do the job, oh I wish I had a nice warm garage to work in but no I will have to be brave and work out in the back yard in the frost!! :(





from the last news http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=730137&goto=newpost

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil