mercredi 25 janvier 2017

MOT this week and windscreen washer stopped working

My Mot runs out this week so I need fix windscreen by this Thursday. It's a Rover 45 2.0td 52 plate.

1) To help me be faster does anyone know which is the rear and front windscreen washer?

2) There is no filter on the washer motor, just one large rubber grommet/seal. Does this matter?

3) And any tips on the following?

The pressure on both windscreen washers was low and so following the very good threads on this site I removed the drivers side front wheel and took out a stud from the arch liner and accessed the washer pumps to clean the filters. I took out the washer pump located nearest to the driver side road wheel. Not the pump at the front. There was no filter. When I tried to test it and put it back together I cannot hear that motor on a test or get any water out of the front washers.

With it all back together no water out of the front windscreen washers. The rear windscreen washer has improved.

I did not pull out the washer pump on the front of the washer bottle. And working alone so I cannot put my ear near enough to the pumps/motor when I operate them so that I am unsure which pump on the bottle is not working.

I assume I will now need to wire a bulb to the wires this evening and see if I can make it light up?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



MOT this week and windscreen washer stopped working

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil