jeudi 31 juillet 2014

Bleedin' Tee-Pieces. MG ZT 1.8t content.

Over the past couple of days, noticed a small area of moisture in the same place under the front of my MG ZT 1.8t... suspect coolant leak.



Yes it was and was from the top seam of the plastic Tee-Piece. :~







I have a good used spare so soon made a start once motor had cooled down. I will replace those annoying original sprung hose clips with worm drive "Jubilee" style stainless steel ones on reassembly.







Collected the still good 50-50% OAT coolant in a bowl under car as it was only two months old. Will reuse.:~







Made good progress and soon had the replacement in place :~







Then when fully fitted, ran engine for a couple of minutes and guess what ... replacement also bleeds along that top seam. Not as badly though :~







Looking closely at the Tee-Piece I removed, I had one of those senior :idea: moments:~







I'm convinced I can cheaply repair these two Tee-Pieces to provide 100% reliable service. I will post up pictures of the modified Tee-Pieces, the methods used and report on how effective the modified repaired ones are ... or are not. More follows.





from the last news http://ift.tt/WQwf7N

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil