jeudi 28 août 2014

Advice/guidance required regarding service work

Hi all,



Well, I've had my 1.6F now for about 6 weeks (my first one!) and am loving it!! - I haven't done anything major to her yet....bought a practically new tonneau off Ebay (genuine original one, too in 100% mint condition) and done a few other minor bits....during which time, I've been reading about stuff on here....great forum for info!



Anyway, I'll be after getting Dave/Kayleigh to carry out some work for me (I don't have the tools/time/knowledge to try and do it myself) as the last service info I have for my car was 2009 and. Whilst that might seem bad, the car has only covered around 3,000 miles since that date. That service work included a new cambelt and oil/air filters etc etc....



I don't know if the car has ever had HGF - wouldn't know how to check. It appears fine right now, what with the coolant being relatively clear for the length of time it has been in without a change - 5 yrs I presume, but cannot be certain. No mayo, no exhaust emissions etc.



One question would be wether or not it is worthwhile/advisable to have the HG replaced when Dave/Kayleigh come visit me or not.



I'm thinking like this because it's £150 for a new cambelt and tensioners and I was gonna get a major service done for £100, too. Also thinking about SS coolant pipes at a quoted cost of £115 fitted with new OAT.



I've looked at what work they do on a HG job, and for £295 (non-VVC) they do the cambelt and a few other 'jobs' incorporated into the HG job that I'd be paying for if NOT having a HG replacement, thus technically making it cheaper to replace the HG itself at the same time rather than at a later date.



Is this one of those 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' kinda things, or would it be advisable to just get a new HG whilst work is underway?



Of course, I don't wanna throw money down the drain if it is not required, I'm not loaded, but I don't want to skimp on looking after her either - I'm just after a bit of input from the guys that know.



What would you do if it was you??





from the last news http://ift.tt/1mYFyJh

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil