jeudi 28 août 2014

And now for something really technical -

- checking the oil level.



My 180 is a pain. The book says to withdraw the dipstick, wipe the end, then reinsert it and withdraw it again - and it's always over the Max mark. This is because of the wavy tube - when you withdraw it the first time it pulls oil up the tube and deposits it on the walls. Then when you push it back down and withdraw it again, that oil ends up on the upper part of the indicator. The same thing seems to happen when driving it, so I can't get an accurate level a few minutes after switch off as recommended either, even the first time.



The only thing I can do is leave it several hours if not overnight, then remove the dipstick and check it there and then. If it needs oil I have the same problem, so I have to keep a 1 litre container with graduation marks down the side, decide how much I need to top-up by, put that amount into the container, then empty that into the engine. Oil changes are even worse as once I have put the bulk in I have to add 1 litre at a time till it appears on the indicator before I can run the engine to fill the new filter, then wait said hours or overnight before I can top it back up to the correct level.



Just sayin', that's all.





from the last news http://ift.tt/1qkoPU8

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil