dimanche 31 août 2014

What is the current advise ref Head Gasket Failure?

Hi all, I have a 2002 MGTF 1.8 (non VVT) which is showing distinct signs of HGF. (Oil is evident in the coolant and steam from the exhausts). I was just about to order all the replacement parts and discovered that there seems to be a range of options available.



Firstly, it is wise to go for genuine parts as opposed to cheaper aftermarket gaskets?



I believe a multilayer gasket is the preferred option?



Will I need to buy a new uprated oil rail for the head / through bolts to screw to or will just a new multilayer gasket and new bolts be ok?



If the head needs to be skimmed should I fit a stainless steel spacer?



Do Haynes do a manual for my engine (maybe in another MG) - cannot find one for the MGTF.



....and finally where is a good place to buy all of the above?



Thanks in advance.





from the last news http://ift.tt/1lqYwga

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil