mardi 30 septembre 2014

Discount MG Rover Spares - caveat emptor.

I'd like to share my experience of dealing with Discount MG Rover Spares, http://www.dmgrs.co.uk. I've seen a lot of good reports about this operation on this forum but my first and only experience has been unsatisfactory.



What follows is a statement of fact and is without prejudice.



I ordered some brake discs and a breather hose from DMGRS on 7th September. I got an order confirmation e-mail by return but with no anticipated delivery information.



The discs arrived on 12th September but there was no sign of the hose nor any word as to when it might be expected. The discs were fine and have been fitted. The breather hose item was printed on the paper delivery note but had been scribbled out.



After chasing on 16th September, DMGRS told me via e-mail that stock of the hoses was "held up by customs".



A further chase resulted in another e-mail on 21st September saying that the hoses "are coming direct from MG, and we've had a bit of a delay with the delivery".



The hose arrived unexpectedly on 22nd September. Despite being sold as an "MG Original Part" it didn't fit, one end of the hose having a fitting which physically won't fit into the throttle body receptacle.



There has been no reply to three subsequent e-mails (the first including photographs of the original hose and the defective replacement). I still have the hose and have since ordered another one from a well-known X-part supplier.



DMGRS has no telephone number published and their preferred method of communication is via e-mail. In my transaction there was no notification of expected delivery date, nor of items being despatched nor of items that are currently unavailable.



I shall not be purchasing again from this trader. Caveat emptor.



Andrew





from the last news http://ift.tt/1wVKGUi

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil