dimanche 28 septembre 2014

Goodbye and all that.

Hi,



I have been fortunate to have met a number of you, to have contributed to this forum and to have taken good detail from it in the past.



After 5 years of ownership I have decided to part company with my ZT-T 180, it's been fun, expensive and rewarding. While my car still drives beautifully I can see an expensive looming crunch on the horizon, better to bale out while the going is good, the car is 12 years old and has covered just shy of 100k



I have traded her for a SAAB 20 t Convertible - Similar performance, 170 - 180 bhp although different profiles. Over the period my requirements have changed as well.



Why -



The MG is using maybe 1 ltr of water a month, - Thermostat has been done twice in my ownership, plus pipes, hoses seals and so on, including the tubing under the Rad. - The rad itself is also a little suspect.



I suspect it needs a new Water pump - This wasn't changed 5 years ago when the Cam Belts last came off following a dispute with the vendor dealership.



It needs Cam belts, - 5 years plus about 50k have elapsed.



It needs 2 front tyres.



It needs a brake disc and pad job.



The central locking motor on the drivers door (unlock) has died.



It needs a auto box - oil change.



The trim on both driver and rear kick plate has fallen off (again)



The LED display has quite a few lines and duff pixels.



There is a water leak into the rear - probably through the side trim, - always dribbled in all the time i have owned the car.



Air con needs a re-gas.



One rear lens is held on with super glue and a prayer - the other was replaced, these are rare and expensive on the estate.



Few other bits and pieces, a couple of scuffs bumper, nothing serious.



I suspect a wheel bearing / drive shaft is on the way out, there is a droning noise at speed.



When I total this up I see figures of around £2000 which is just too much.



The car has MOT until Christmas, I fully realize that all the problems can be fixed whether by Terry TS Motors or by Beech Hill but the list is too big and the cost too extreme and I like my cars to be in reasonable nick.



So on Wednesday - after protracted debate - the time has come, wish it could be replaced with newer / better but the MG product as I have owned is getting long in the tooth now and it's not possible to get a good one without loads of work, better the devil you know than someone else's.





from the last news http://ift.tt/1vlcEth

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil