vendredi 27 mars 2015

Rover P6 Gas-Turbine Project For Sale

Hello Rover people ! I did my apprenticeship on Rover P6's and have owned and driven many more over the years. Last functioning one was an MG version of the last 75, with the American V8 and rwd. Great fun but monumentally thirsty when you booted it. Currently got a series One P6 auto in restorable condition, leather seats good etc. A Porsche 928 auto box and a Rover Gas turbine engine c/w 'free turbine' fitted. Essentially, the jet blast blows against the unconnected 'free' turbine, which gives you maximum torque at minimum rpm... like a steam engine. Quite the opposite of a directly driven output, which,like a highly tuned two-stroke, gives you a tiny, narrow power band with bugger all and melting internals either side of it. Only much use if linked to an electrical generator and thence to the transmission by electric motor. Been successfully done by at least one enterprising individual who bought my old DeHavilland Ghost engine off me, but a few moons since. My intention was to restore the P6 with the auto transaxle in the rear and the turbine up front...... something of a tribute to the prototype in Gaydon museum, albeit with rear wheel drive. One of the surviving original designers saw my bench mounted engine and declared it to be able to push out around 180 bhp but needed a throttling mechanism fitting to control exhaust gas temp and over speeding. A heat transfer rotary disc would make it more efficient, based on ceramic catalytic converter innards, but wasn't essential. Unfortunately, because I am of a certain age, my health has caught up with me and rendered all plans of mice and men so much pie in the sky, as far as my own involvement can be concerned. Interested parties, line up if the challenge rows your boat. My engine is rather rarer and more powerful than the normal Rover turbines doing the rounds, therefore is a bit more valuable and useable too. It's up and running on the button, comes with the car and gearbox if wanted. TEXT me on: 07908 865 962 initially..... I neither answer phone calls from anyone not in my phone book, nor listen to voicemails because I am an old git.





from the last news http://ift.tt/1NinTKK

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil