mercredi 26 octobre 2016

Tractor syndrome... new solenoid or new pump??

Tractor syndrome... new solenoid or new pump??


I've got the dreaded tractor syndrome with error P1222. I can get a new solenoid for £75 from a local diesel injection place but he tells me that he's seen a few of these pumps (from Transits mostly) and says the timing mechanism inside can sometimes be at fault.

It's an 05 MG ZS with 82K miles and I really want to try to get another 4-5 years from the car if I can. So is it worth just going for a new pump? I'm worried about the pump ECU or metering solenoid going next, or maybe the turbo.

Any thoughts on how frequently these faults occur? I can stretch to a new pump if it means I can keep my car going but I don't want to be splashing out for turbo next month

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Tractor syndrome... new solenoid or new pump??

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil