jeudi 24 novembre 2016

Sump cover gasket

Registered User

 

Join Date: Oct 2011

Location: Ontario, Canada

Car: MGF

Posts: 328

Sump cover gasket


Since I bought my F it has been dripping oil from the sump cover. I discovered when installing the uprated oil rail that on the block, that most of the threaded holes that the sump bolts thread into had been stripped. I repaired the threads using helicoids but I buggered one on the front side of the engine. I used the correct anaerobic sealant on the sump.
This past summer the sump started leaking again, leaving a lovely little puddle of oil directly below the one sump screw that doesn’t tighten; the one I buggered.
This winter I am going to try to fix that buggered thread but I was wondering if the oil sump gasket, part # LVF100290, used on the Rover200/25/ 400/45/MG ZR/ZS can be used on the MGF’s sump cover? According to Rimmer, the Rover200/25/ 400/45/MG ZR/ZS use the same block at the MGF and TF, so I would think that the gasket would work/fit. Has anyone used the oil sump gasket on an MGF’s k-series engine?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Sump cover gasket

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil