samedi 1 mars 2014

New member with braking woes!

Hi all, I've been an observer on here for a long time but not actually a member. Finally registered and joined the forum after buying my mg zr td 99bhp which I love. Unfortunately, although it's been a very reliable and nippy car it's giving me real headaches with its brake recently.



The problem is when I brake it pulls slightly to the right and then the left. I've had the car in a local halfords auto centre for 2 weeks with them trying to resolve the problem. I've had new discs, pads, flexi hoses, brake fluid change, lower bushes and a steering rack fitted. It's cost me a small fortune to get this far and i still have the problem. It's was much worse before the steering rack was fitted and seems to have improved a lot but the pull to one side and then the other is still happening.



Halfords have no further ideas (no surprise there) but they think it might be a brake valve (the one that comes out of the master cylinder) that needs replacing. Problem is they cannot guarantee this and if I opt for the part to be fitted and it doesn't work I still have to pay. Does anyone have any ideas what it might be other than the parts I've already changed? Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.



Also aside from the above, really love the car! The TD is very quick for the size of car and it's sooooo economical. The car has also just sailed through its mot with no advisories. I Would love to modify it in the future but have got to get the basics right first.



Cheers

Ben





from the last news http://ift.tt/1eMldRZ

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil