mardi 18 mars 2014

Power / Accelertion / Idle Issues on Rover 25 Diesel

So I have a bit of a strange problem and I don't know where to start on this. I recently fitted my new intercooler hose DIY kit from Dark Ice Designs as my previous one hose had split and I lost all power and the car was drinking diesel.



Since fitting the hose kit I seem to have my power and acceleration back but there is still an issue somewhere. For a start what roughly where should my idle sit when starting the car mine goes to bang on 1000rpm and doesn't move and I wasn't too sure if this should at least move slightly.



When I am accelerating and this can happen at any point and it seems intermittent I can floor it from stand still and it will pull like mad and drive great and all of a sudden I go to accelerate and with the pedal to the floor the car holds back and I mean as if it just doesn't want to accelerate at all the RPM doesn't increase the power is nowhere to be seen and all of a sudden it can come back.



I notice when this can happen for example on a steep incline its really bad sometimes and feels like it will stall but the strangest one I have seen is at one point in 5th Gear my speed was increasing and the revs were hardly moving and sitting around 2000RPM.



Any ideas on where to start on this? I have checked my boost hoses for leaks and all fine and no smoke coming out of the car. Also unplugged the MAF sensor and has made no difference at all. Any advice would be much appreciated.





from the last news http://ift.tt/1j19pUh

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil