mercredi 16 avril 2014

Steering wheel not centred

Hi folks,

Just had lower passenger wishbone and control arm bush changed on my 2004 MG ZT CDTI (has done 142.000 Miles) as part of MOT, old one looked like original.

My steering wheel now not centred, about 11 oclock;

had good look round forums and consensus seems to be tracking. Threads that gave outcome of query had some having success when tracking done and steering wheel again centred, others had tracking checked and told ok but threads never elaborated on what happened next albeit one did persist and garage admitted they had got it wrong, tracking was culprit after all, re-did and prob solved.



So..........

Do folk agree tracking likely culprit, tyres only 5 mths old by the way, car drove straight, steering wheel was centred and tyres wore evenly prior to wishbone change.

MOT station that carried out rectification work saying is nothing they could have done. Also they changed my back wheel bearing and hub which comes in one piece, saying there was 10-12 mm play, I checked car prior to MOT saw no evidence, they then made comment when picked car up tonight back wheel nuts where loose, doh on my part had finger tightened them and in my haste forgotten to nip up, when I then asked could that be why you found play when you inspected guy went red as a tomato, claiming regardless there was still at least a couple of mil play, so alarm bells ringing and hence this evenings query as I suspect I am going to have to broach this as informed as possible.

Thanks in anticipation

Steve





from the last news http://ift.tt/1l55CGv

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil