mardi 29 avril 2014

Suspention Arm replacment problem

Hi all,



Was wondering if anyone has experienced the following:



Over the weekend I replaced the driver’s side suspension arm and rear bush on my 05 MG ZTT.



Knocking sound over bumps, noticeable play in ball joint.



Having owned a 75 CDTi previously I have replaced these arms several times!



With my MG everything went well, too well, the 2 troublesome bolts on the rear bush removed effortlessly, the ball joint into the sub frame one hit with my splitter and it released. With my old 75 I was there for hours with pry bars and 2 splitters.



I knew it was too good to be true.



The new arm and bush fitted was then fitted.



Then I put the wheel back on to check for play, should be solid with new part fitted.



NO!! - Loads of play when I moved wheel up and down. On further inspection I noticed that the lower ball joint is not being held in place properly with the pinch bolt.



You can clearly see the lower ball joint move up and down within the Hub-swivel:



This leaves 3 possibilities:



1. Pinch bolt worn?

2. Hub swivel worn?

3. New suspension arm fault?

Has anyone else experienced this???





from the last news http://ift.tt/1pJgtIj

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil