jeudi 24 juillet 2014

Rover 800 Fuel Filler Pipe Removal

I have just put together the video showing how I removed the fuel filler pipes.



see youtube vid here; Rover 800 Fuel Filler Pipe Removal











...although I have been banging on about removing the fuel filler pipes to everyone for some time now, I have changed my mind! ...Don't! ...they are always worse than you imagine they will be. Mine were completely rotted through even though the rest of the car is very nice.



only attempt to remove them if you have some you can use in their place. even my best replacement from the scrappers was rotten (but has now come in handy as a templete). Most I find on scrap cars do tend to crumble when I reach up around them! (I am sure this is why many were scrapped.)





I hope to replace my main pipe with a custom built stainless steel pipe from a Disco 3 in the coming weeks. ...making slow progress, as others helping only when their time permits (welding etc.), but the remade pipe will fit when completed (tack welded at the moment, but needs brackets making yet) ...so video on here/internet/google soon...



It's given me time to repair the bodywork in the filler area though, which rusts through, and if left untreated will only go on to rust the coupe sills (I have removed the bungs and checked and my sills are completely fine, although I might buy some Eastwood Internal Frame Coating/Rust paint, and protect them anyway, as it is easy to do, whilst the wheels are off.)





from the last news http://ift.tt/1x7PkNn

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil