vendredi 31 octobre 2014

Under The Rear But Headlamps ... Aghhh

First real good look under the rear of the car, but disaster at the front..



Crikey peeps, but just where does one jack these cars up on?? Goodness, aren't they really low. Came off the jack twice...fortunately before I got under the car.

But, rear subframe was surprisingly not too bad, quite a bit of surface rust but I ladled the Hydrate 80 on and tomorrow, if it is still dry, I will be Waxoyling where I can. Even the coolant pipes weren't too bad, again surface rust. Bit of an oil leak which is confusing to see where it is coming from as I have it above where the oil filter is and on the other side of the engine where the dip stick goes in. More to look at tomorrow.



But where I really have a problem (the smallest of things!!) is removing the headlights. The screw inside of the wing which attaches to the big plastic stay of the rear headlight which means I can't use heat. Why they use screw headed in these places I do not know. There is nothing to grip onto. Bad light stopped play but unless anyone has a good idea, I guess I will end up having to drill it off tomorrow. Don't really want to as I'm not sure how I will resolve it when I need to put it back as I don't know whats on the other side of the screw!



Any thoughts ????





from the last news http://ift.tt/1rHqC32

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil