samedi 29 novembre 2014

exhaust fumes in the cabin

Hi all,



I've noticed since the cold has kicked in and I've needed to use the fan blower, I'm getting a noticeable smell in the cabin, makes the car a displeasure to drive.





I took it to my regular garage and they found no issues with the exhaust system, which was replaced in April, or intercooler pipes.



The car has sdi s and did have the paperclip in the maf cable which has been removed now. I've also removed and blanked the egr which gives me a thought.



Recently after a coolant pipe popped off on the motorway, the car severely overheated. I'm wondering if the excess heat may have melted the gasket under the blanking plate causing a bad seal and exhaust gasses to leak out.



Is there any home test to visually check if there's a leak here before I just go ahead and regasket and tighten?



Or any other things to check?



Cheers





from the last news http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=723361&goto=newpost

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil