vendredi 26 décembre 2014

Engine Warning Light - R25 1.4 103ps

Hi all,



I'm new here! Got a 1.4L iL 103ps 52 plate, had it 6 months and recently the engine warning light has come on. At first it came on, stayed lit for about 45 minutes of driving, and then went away when I turned engine off and restarted. Took it to 2 Kwik Fits and they couldn't read the ECU - first one thought there was something wrong with their Bosch kit, second one couldn't connect (I wasn't charged). Exactly a week later the light came back on and has stayed on since (5 days).



I've got no other symptoms - no funny noises, performance is unchanged and I'm always checking the coolant after head gasket failure on my old Vauxhall Corsa. Oil was topped up recently.



The only thing that I thought was strange at the time was that I'd fitted a new stereo on the day the light first came on and also changed the wood centre console facia which involved unplugging the console switches - but I don't see why this would cause an engine fault code? Squealing alternator belt was tightened about a week before the light first came on. Car doesn't have A/C or ABS.



Has anyone ever had anything like this before - specifically being unable to read the ECU? Any thoughts on what the likely culprit is? The guy at Kwik Fit thought it was likely just the ECU having a tantrum that cleared itself, but then the light came back on...





from the last news http://ift.tt/1CYNFhG

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil