samedi 31 janvier 2015

Grounded - how bad can it be?

had a total disaster today. I was driving my 75 down a country lane and needed to let an oncoming vehicle come by, and the car literally fell off theedge of the road. Heard a big bang, and the car was totally stuck in the mud in the side of the road. left wheel spun like crazy with right wheel not moving at all on the road.



Finally dug myself out using an old plastic tray in the back of the car, but found the tyre had burst. Hopefully that was most of the noise I heard, and maybe not metal grounding. So I put the spare on and drove home. Car was pulling to the left (the side it went down the road), but no noticeable noises or anything. Even at speed seemed largely ok apart from the pull to the left. Suspension seems to work fine when rocked up and down too.



When i got home i saw the tyre had low pressure in it, and the tread was low. This was also a steel spare not an alloy. How likely is it that this is possibly a large part of it pulling to the left? I'm assuming it will have stuffed the tracking, but how bad can this get? Is suspension damage likely?



Worst timing ever as in 4 hours my car goes on a sorn break so I can't even get it to a garage to be checked out! I'd just gone out for 1 last pleasure drive with my pride and joy. Guess that back fired....





from the last news http://ift.tt/1ykWsHh

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil