vendredi 30 janvier 2015

Reeeaaallly Rounded Wheel Nut

So, I'm having a bad time at the moment. I replaced the engine tie bar bushes with polybushes from B&G and they might as well be made of mahogany for all the resilience they have. Then the vibration this surges through the car breaks the fan resistor pack resistors and I lose fan speeds 1 and 2. Then have a diffuse vibration through the car at 40 mph so I have all the wheels balanced and find a rear alloy has a buckled inner rim and crack in the rim...



The wheel balancing doesn't help the vibration (possibly binding brake) but today, since I had alternator belt squeal, I tried to take the rear o/s wheel off to get to the alternator belt, but one nut refuses to budge with the brace. I try a 19mm socket. It just graunches round. The socket, when finally removed, proudly carries the chrome nut cover inside as a trophy.



So I change to 18mm direct to the steel wheel nut now exposed and that rounds too. So I hammer on an 11/16 and that rounds too. So I hammer on a 17mm and THAT rounds too.



I think you can see the problem here.



So is it an Irvine Nut Extractor set purchase tomorrow or is there a clever way to get a nut off that is rounded smoother than a journal bearing?





from the last news http://ift.tt/1yVfYOc

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil