vendredi 27 février 2015

Accidentally bought an MGF

Hello all.



I have recently found myself as the owner of an '96 MGF.



I didn't mean to. It just kinda happened. I was writing something on cheap roadsters for a website and I noticed just how cheap F/TFs were. Then I found one which was really very cheap, locally, on eBay, I put in a cheeky bid and no-one else did. So I bought a quite nice MGF MPi for £503, unseen, with six weeks MOT. It's actually much better than it sounds!



I wanted to show my face on here so that it doesn't seem rude if I need a few technical tips over the coming months, but I'm going to have a bit of a dig around to find the best posts / threads regarding damp carpets (both sides), terrible radio reception (worse on FM, but AM is hardly concert quality either), tyre recommendations (it's on four odd, old 15s). On the upside, there is a pretty packed service history including £1000 receipt for a brand new head, gasket, water pump and belts four years ago. I was delighted to find that...



So far I have spent £120 on having a new rear screen and £20 on wiper blades. MOT is being done on Thursday although a pre-MOT has shown an ominous bandage on the exhaust, a broken anti-roll bar link but nothing else obviously wrong. If all goes well with the MOT, I'll shout some new tyres and a coolant alarm before trying to dry it out.



Anyway, great site, seems like a good crowd and expect questions, once I've read all the old posts ;)



Nige





from the last news http://ift.tt/1BQ7JFQ

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil