mardi 24 février 2015

Another Rover 25 car with cold start....and slow coolant loss

Good Morning All,



I've been reading through numerous posts on here and saw lots of knowledgable people who might be shed some light for me.



I have a 2001 rover 25 diesel with 160,000 on the clock. Near the end of last year i had the cam belt, injector pump belt, accessory belt, oil filer, fuel filter and air filter changed. At that point everything was fine.



All of a sudden at the beginning of this year my coolant seemed to drain very quickly, i was having to top it up once a week, i was never doing that before. I looed over everything and could not find anything, the garage had the car aswell, they took it for a run upto temperature then left it running in the air with the undertray off, they too could not find any signs. I changed my inlet manifold gasket and now i just top it up slightly every couple of weeks. My engine temp always sits just below half way, runs fine and drives fine...that's the first issue.



About a month ago i had the problems with cold start. When the car has been sat overnight she can be a bit of a mare to start. You can crank it over and you get white smoke and then it will eventually fire up and the smoke goes. When she starts up she ticks over fine with no problems and she's a good girl for the rest of the day.



Should i start with getting the garage to check the timing on the injector pump belt first? I'm looking at changing the glow plugs because i don't know if they've ever been done also.



Any advice chaps (and chapesses) would be much appreciated.



Alex





from the last news http://ift.tt/1DkX3x3

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil