mercredi 25 février 2015

refitting leather seat covers

Thought Id impart some info re re covering Rover 75 seats.

Got a hold of some really good leather seats in Sandstone beige with the plan of swapping them over with my slighlty more worn seats in my 75.

They were electric but had no memory settings and I had hoped them to be heated or had the elements in them.

Instead of changing the electric motors over to the memory type (with 4 wire connections instead of normal electric which only has two) decided to take the leather off the seat and swap the covers over.

Unfortunately when I removed the seat cover I could not find anything that looked like wires from any sort of element for heating so came to the conclusion I would be better off leaving the ones in the car and get them refinshed. The one thing that suprised me was how easy it was to remove the leather seat covers,such a simple but effective way to secure the seats,had the bottom part off in 10 min tops and back on in about the same time,just has clip in strips.The back (which I didnt do) has a few more issue like removing the rear back panel without breaking the clips,and removing the headrest inserts looks interesting but if the leather is secured the same as the seat it would be easy recover.





from the last news http://ift.tt/1wnKS3a

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil