vendredi 27 février 2015

Rover 45 1.6 clutch trouble !

So....last week,whilst a mate was driving my 45 (it's a '04 1.6 hatch btw.),the clutch pedal just went to the floor and stayed there ! Garage says that a 'roll pin' has snapped (on the clutch fork?) and consequently,the hydraulics are screwed.

Now,they've been on to Andrew Pages for bits,but they've sent 3 different hydraulic set-up's and none of them are the right one ! They say that,the ones they've sent are the only ones available. They can't all be the wrong parts,can they ??

So,my garage is in contact with the ex Rover main dealer.....they can supply the right bit (apparently),but just the slave cylinder side is £110 + the dreaded ! The o.e. spec bits are only plastic anyway,so it's bloody expensive plastic !

I've seen the Sheddist kits on e-bay,but they are £174 odd......I did notice that their kit uses metal cylinders.....anyone know what these cylinders come from or are they specifically made for this kit ??



I have had a look at some pics of the standard set up and I was wondering if anyone does a cable conversion for these cars ?? If not,I reckon that I could develop a cable conversion kit for these,which I think could be done considerably cheaper than the Sheddist kit.

Does anyone think that there might be a market for a cable conversion kit ?? .... Opinions please ??





from the last news http://ift.tt/1wsugS4

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil