lundi 30 mars 2015

Scrapping the Grey MGf

After a lot of soul searching I have decided I have to scrap the grey MGf because it just isn't economically viable to restore it as I already have two MGf's on the road, although it has an MOT a good VVC engine there are lots of things that need replacing and this is before it gets a paint job.

The car needs a new exhaust and cat, 4 new tyres, new rear window, new wiper motor (I knicked the one off it for the silver F), new coil pack as well as a full respray.

It isn't the labour costs as I would have done all the work myself but the costs of all the bits needed to get it right and then at the end of all that work I would have a car worth less than I would have spent on it plus I really need the space to start my other project.



So today I dragged the car to the workshop and started to strip it, hopefully it will be done for weekend.



The bits I salvage will probably be worth more than a fully restored MGf of the same age and I intend storing what I might need in the future like suspension spheres, window motors, the heater motor, gear linkages, wheels, the hood, the ignition system including all locks, I might even take off the subframes and restore them to save for future use and of course the VVC motor which has no issues.



So a couple of pictures of it's demise.



















Tomorrow I'll drain the fluid out of the suspension and get the car on axle stands, remove the spheres and start prepping the engine for removal.





from the last news http://ift.tt/1NAnrYA

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil