jeudi 23 juin 2016

Great service from Ring Automotive

As I have 2 TFs and several other cars, the TFs often sit for weeks without use.

Anyone with a TF will tell you that the batteries drain over a period of time, so I had an optimate connected to each car to keep the batteries topped up. Unfortunately, I think that these tend to destroy the battery over time due to constant charging, even if it is only a trickle charge.

So, I wanted something a bit cleverer and ended up buying a Ring Automotive RSC608 and an RSC612.

They can analyse the batteries as well as charging, but most importantly, they can maintain the battery. The key feature for me is they stop trickle charging when the battery voltage reaches max and only switch back on when the battery voltage drops to a certain point. This should extend the life of the batteries.

Anyway, the chargers only came with croc clip ends and I wanted to permanently fix the leads to the batteries, so I sent an e-mail to Ring Automotive asking if they sold such leads and if not can I buy a set of standard leads for each charger. The leads themselves are unusual with bespoke connectors, so making some would be difficult.

Within a couple of hours Ring customer services sent me an e-mail saying that they didn't do the leads I wanted and also they didn't sell the standard leads separately. He then went on to say that he would, however, send me a set of leads for each charger as a goodwill gesture.

So, a big thanks to Ring Automotive as I received the leads 2 days after sending the e-mail.

Here are the chargers if anyone is interested.

RSC608 | Multi stage fully automatic SmartChargers

RSC612 | Multi stage fully automatic SmartChargers

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Great service from Ring Automotive

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil