dimanche 26 juin 2016

ZS Td Acceleration Problem

ZS Td Acceleration Problem


Hello, again. Hope you're all keeping well. I'm not mechanically minded so please forgive my basic explanation:

My '04 ZS Td 180 has recently developed a problem - I can't accelerate when the revs are below 2500 rpm minimum. Foot to the floor, no more power comes. If I rev up to 3000 rpm+ and engage a gear I can move and accelerate as long as the revs don't drop below 2700 rpm and I can continue to accelerate in the new gear - slowly up to 3000 rpm, after which the throttle is 'livelier' and acceleration swifter (more like it used to be) around 3500 rpm.
Usually I can change gear around 2200 - 2500 rpm and accelerating isn't an issue.

Some recent history:
Two weeks ago - Front exhaust section replaced at garage.
This Thursday - Workmates thought the exhaust was blowing. One covered the tail pipe with his hand several times, asking me to listen for hisses. I heard none.
This Friday - There was a major thunderstorm and torrential downpour overhead. The following morning the problem began. Could water damage be a cause?

I'm already booked back in at the garage on the 4th for other jobs, but it would be very helpful if I could identify the issue before that.
As ever, thanks for your time and help.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



ZS Td Acceleration Problem

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil