mercredi 27 juillet 2016

Matallic noise from head reduces once warm

Matallic noise from head reduces once warm


Hi all,

Its not my first post but I have not been on here for over two years and since then it seems a lot of change has taken place. One of which is the password situation and for the life of me I could not remember which email address I signed up with as ajmetro so it is easier to just register a new one. Any how I'm digressing. I have been getting a matallic noise from what seems to be the head. my innitial thoughts were lifters and perhaps heat sheild or spark plugs. Checked all of these and nothing. Changed the oil and filters twice, nothing.
Cleaned the oil system out with the dreaded controversial cleanse and changed oil and filters... nothing.
Searched the web for indication of the problem and came across the VVC rattle which linked into what was happening but after hearing it on utube it does not seem as matallic or intense as that on my vvc MGTF. checked all of the heat sheilds nothing. Wondered if I had forgotten what the lifters sound like so started the engine without oil in it and it is not the same sound.
If I find out how to upload images or video I will post the sound and the inside of the cam case as I needed to change the gasket.

Any suggestions as to what this sound is would be great. It is usually present from start up and rattles with the revs, when you put your foot down on the accelerator it tends to get louder and then disappears (oil not getting somewhere?). The sound tends to reduce/ disappear when the engine heats up to normal temp. Nothing wrong with the gears or box and no oil leaks.
It certainly sounds as if it is coming from the cam area though. After taking the top offI found nothin untoward apart from a nick on one of the components that was like a scratch about 0.5cm in circumference. The scratch as near where there is like a magnetic injector or something (not sure what it was) that was facing that part of the cam nearer to the filler hole and on the injector side of the engine.

Everyone is usually so helpful here so any advice/solutions would be appreciated.
Was tempted t contact Russell in kent but not sure if he would be able to do anything with it if he did not have a diagnosis before visiting.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Matallic noise from head reduces once warm

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil