dimanche 31 juillet 2016

MG ZS 180 MK2 Ignition Blue

Well I've finally got round to looking at my summer project.

I'm trying to ensure my 180 is perfect mechanically and electrically for next pride of long bridge meet.

I've given her a full major service.

the only thing that I thought may have been fixed in the service that wasn't (think I was trying to be over positive about this) is the fact that there seems to be a slight electrical fault on start up.

This fault hasn't recorded any fault codes.

what happens is if the car is started straight away (before the immobilizer is activated) it starts first time.
If you leave the car once unlocked and you sit in and wait for the immobilizer to activate then it won't play. the engine turns over as long as the key is turned and just won't actually fire.
it's like it's starved of fuel cam sensor fault for example. if you press unlock on the fob and start it with immobilizer off then no problem again.

the other thing is if you let the fuel pump finish it's prime before turning the key this also makes it turn over for ever and not fire up.

I went on a run to scotland in december with the car and it died i got lambda sensor error, low fuel pressure and random multiple misfire this coupled with the fact that i noticed a big surge in performance after brimming the tank helped me diagnose fuel pump failure after checking the flow rate of the pump.

so what is left can't be a fueling issue although if the pump stops priming then it wont fire up.

I'm starting to think it may be dreaded electric problems but just wondered if anyone else has any thoughts before I investigate further?

Regards,

Chris

Let's block ads! (Why?)



MG ZS 180 MK2 Ignition Blue

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil