mardi 30 août 2016

All coolant dropped

Did a full brake service on my low mileage F. I've put 2.3k on it since I bought it so thought it was time to spend a bit of time on the little bits.

I bought some stainless steel coolant pipes that haven't come yet, but sods law that a problem would arise before I did anything!

I heard a hissing noise in my right ear, and stopped a maximum of 30 seconds after. Coolant was still leaking everywhere when I stopped, so hopefully no lasting damage to the block, and I turned the engine off myself (it didn't cease).

I've looked, relatively briefly, at the condition of the hoses and none stand out as a likely cause of this.

I've checked for any sign of H.G. failure and the oil is at the right level, and the right colour, so I am ruling this out.

I haven't checked the waterpump, but would assume if this had failed it would have caused a bigger timing belt problem.

Can anyone suggest where to start, and how to look for leaks?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



All coolant dropped

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil