jeudi 25 août 2016

Mk.2 Master cylinder trouble

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with the non-servoed brake master cylinder on my '89 Metro Mk.2 (1275). It's completely bunched, basically and needs to be replaced (have rebuilt it twice to no avail and have given up and taken it to a mechanic). The problem is, they're difficult to find in Ireland and especially at a reasonable price. I'd be looking at about €125 for a new one and Metros are so rare here that I can't find bits in a scrapper.

Naturally enough, I looked to Ebay and though I found a few promising secondhand ones, I wasn't sure if they'd be suitable for the car. They look reasonably sound though they seem to be missing that attachment to the side of my current master cylinder (it's a small little cylindrical attachment, about an inch and a half long- something to do with brake bias, I think). Would this one be suitable, do you think? Is that brake bias cylinder very important?
Austin metro master cylinder

Alternatively, given that it's an '89, would a master cylinder for a later Metro (1990 onwards) also fit?
Austin Metro ALL Models 1990 1995 Lockheed LM15355 Brake Master Cylinder | eBay

Are there any Mini ones that would also work?

Any help much appreciated

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Mk.2 Master cylinder trouble

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil