jeudi 29 septembre 2016

1st 3rd and 5th ok - 2nd 4th and rev not so much

Registered User

 

Join Date: May 2013

Location: North Hampshire

Car: MGF 1999

Posts: 251

1st 3rd and 5th ok - 2nd 4th and rev not so much


I think my gear linkage cables are stretching. I can select 1st, 3rd and 5th ok, but not 2nd, 4th or reverse.

The gear stick kind of goes into 2nd, but I only get a sound of gears not quite meshing.

I've been quoted 4 hours to do the job and about £140 for each cable, which all comes out at about £600 inc vat

This is not much different to the value of the car.

So, a few questions:

o is 4 hours a reasonable estimate for a mechanic who has doen the job before?

o Is it worth considering getting used cables?

o If the cables are being changed, what else should I consider doing at the same time?

Thanks,

Mike

Let's block ads! (Why?)



1st 3rd and 5th ok - 2nd 4th and rev not so much

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil