mercredi 28 septembre 2016

Plans regarding a future Rover 75 2.5 V6

Good evening,

I will tell you a "short" story:

When i was young my dad bought a Rover 600, 2.0 Gasoline, Green exterior and beige cloth interior. I was mesmerized by that car. It was a big leap forward from the rusty old Dacia of the family(you know the "New Dacia Sandero" =)) .

Short time after buying the 600, the new 75 made its debut and i was standing for hours in front of the brochures admiring the 75.

Fast forward 20 years later:

Now i am 26 years old and after spending 3 years with a brand new Hyundai(ok soulless car) i want to move forward and buy a second hand car.

Mandatory requirements:

  • 2.4 -2.6 engine( tax bracket in our country);
  • gasoline(duuh);
  • Automatic transmission.
  • Pre facelift version(i like it more).
I want an auto because i will be using the car in town and i like the comfort provided by an auto. For the stick lovers: When i will be in the mood for stick, i will change gears in my Mazda Mx-5 until my hand will fall off.

Alternatives:
- BMW E91 325 i , a bit too expensive for what it offers;
- Alfa 156 2.5 Busso! The engine is the only thing that i love from that car.

Optional for Rover 75 :

  • British racing green( it could be repainted if not);
  • Cloth(reminds me of the old 600);
  • Estate( more beautiful than a sedan, even if the 75 sedan it's one of the few cars that is as gorgeous as the estate version).
The purchase will be made in ~2017-2018 when i will have money to afford it.

Questions:

-Is the 2.5 V6(pre-facelift) Euro 3? Because in my country the registration tax is 2k euro for Euro 3 and 1 k for Euro 2. I have seen somewhere that it may be Euro 2 but i doubt it.

- I know a handy mechanic no problem about that;
- I highly doubt that i will find the perfect combination(engine, auto, green, cloth beige interior and estate) but i am willing to give up the estate and cloth points if it's too hard to find.

From what you already guessed, i don't mind fuel consumption, stick shifter, performance etc. I just want a car which i love , driving her nice and now and then hearing the V6 simphony .

What you guys think about my plan?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Plans regarding a future Rover 75 2.5 V6

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil