mardi 27 septembre 2016

Arrgh... THERMOSTAT housing!

Arrgh... THERMOSTAT housing!


Argh...! So I thought I would be clever and replace the metal pipes around the engine. My car has always leaked water but only when idling. So I bought SS pipes and New Thermostat and housing (NON PRT). When I had finally excavated all I got the old pipes out still in fairly good condition. Removing the thermostat revealed that it was fractured around the sealing ring on the engine side and completely separated around the ring. (Broken parts removed). Had fortunately purchased new. Finally got all together. What a sods opera (inlet manifold still in place). Refilled and bled and it is pouring water between the new pipes and thermostat. No room to adjust because everything bolts into place. Everything clean and fresh. I never thought to check the three bolts around the housing but it all looked good and ready to apply. Does anybody have any advice or experience? Can't face doing this again myself and don't want to put back old steel pipes. You have to be a limbo dancer with universal joints at elbows and wrists. What have I done wrong? Totally fed up. Impossible to see at dusk but by feeling water seems to come from the compression joint to pipes and is pouring out even without pressure. The rings were in place. Advice welcome

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Arrgh... THERMOSTAT housing!

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil