lundi 26 septembre 2016

Now there's a thing...

Now there's a thing...

My 03 TF has lost water every since I bought it in 2017 at 31.000.
Drive hard all day on motorways and it loses nothing, sit in traffic at Blackwall Tunnel for 45 minutes and the tank will be empty.It blew the head gasket at 34.000.
Russel sorted and pressure tested OK.
Now on 70.000 but check coolant frequently.
Did the underfloor pipes 7 years ago.
2 waterpumps and cambelts in that time.
Always look closely at MOT and can find nothing.
It burst a hose (the complex F shaped one) recently not far from home.
I got back by pouring loads of water in.
So now I have judiciously replaced numerous original hoses as a precaution.
Treated myself to some SS engine pipes.
What a nightmare but it is possible with the Inlet manifold still in place.
Replace elbow joints with universal joints in your arms and get ready for much limbo dancing.
Anyway I have got the old pipes off and new pipes are now roughly in position but other commitments prevent completion today. At least I am past half way mark.
Quite disappointed when I took the old steel pipes off they look VGC.
"If it's not broken" and all that...
Until I found this.
Fortunately I decided in advance to buy a new Thermostat and housing.
The whole end of the thermostat has fracture away leaving the ring loose.
Hopefully this is the end of my problems

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Now there's a thing...

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil