lundi 31 octobre 2016

Re-introduction

Evening guys,

Not really an introduction, more of a reintroduction.

I frequented these forums a couple of years ago when I had an MGF but then sold it, but I have recently had an itch that I haven't been able to scratch and so now I have an MGTF to at least soothe the itch.

I had been looking for a while and procrastinating plenty and finally took the plunge yesterday. Got a bit of a project car to work on, it's a standard 135 in trophy blue, it's had a bit of money spent on it by the previous owner with the HG, Cam belt alternator, rear screen, tyres, brakes and battery all having been done.

The body needs a little tidying and there are a few jobs I would like to do, there's a few things I have noticed so far:

Car wanders a little
Heater control is sticky - have checked cable but the movement of the flap itself is bad, the pin sometimes comes out of the runner.
Top is a little lose
Investigate why there is occasionally a smell of petrol on cornering and no pressure when I remove petrol cap

Jobs to do after the above:

Service the car

Fill and repair hole in front bumper - going to be my first attempt at body work so will see how that goes

Repair ittle rust spot above windscreen

Thoroughly clean and reblack the roof
Replace drivers seat as bolster is deformed

Find some material for the drivers door card the bit at the bottom, does anyone know what this is called and where I can get it from?

Fit coolant alarm

Fit stainless underfloor pipes

So i apolgise in advance for the large amount of stupid questions that will no doubt follow.

Cheers

Si.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Re-introduction

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil