mardi 25 mars 2014

Central Locking Problems

Hi,



A couple months ago I replaced my drivers side door after a bad dent by some idiot. The door I replaced it with is not a great match (starlight rather than platinum silver) so I am planning to replace it next month anyway.



Anyway shortly after fitting the door, the central locking is playing up. When I unlock the vehicle from the outside, the drivers door unlocks, then locks. I basically have to pull the handle straight away and then it opens.



To open the drivers door from the inside I have to get the window down, press the central locking unlock button on the fob, and again pull the outside handle (from the inside :bored: ) and it will open - providing I do it before the door locks again.



The door handle on the inside on the door card does not work when this happens, but on some strange occasions it works fine, there is no fault with its mechanism. Also while the door is open the locking will open-unlock-open-unlock in a cycle until the door is shut.



I have taken the door card off to check nothing is pulling on the mechanism which it is not, checked the wiring plug is properly plugged in and also cleaned the door switch which is operating fine.



It is really annoying and I am thinking of replacing the lock mechanism of the old door as its driving me insane. Or just wait till next month and hope the replacment door solves it.



It surely must be the door? I dont think there is a BCU/Relay fault is there?





from the last news http://ift.tt/QbyBLl

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil