samedi 22 mars 2014

Head Gasket question..... AGAIN!

Hi Guys 'n' Gals.



I know this is a perennial question, but after reading through countless posts on the site, I'm still non the wiser regarding my 'problem'.



I've got a 2002 (51 plate) 1800 ZS. 95,550 on the clock, (72,300 when bought). I've owned it since June 2011 & had very few problems in that time.



As a matter of course, the timing belt, tensioner & water pump were changed when I bought it.



I did notice a slight loss of coolant, (when driven, not stood). This would happen over a couple of weeks, depending on how far & how hard the car was driven. It was traced to the metal coolant rail at the back of the engine. Both ends were corroded. This was changed & as I was under the bonnet I also changed the inlet manifold gasket at the same time. The old one was found to be the 'uprated' green gasket.



Now, over the past few months I've started to get oil showing up in the coolant & if I drive over 3000 revs, or 60mph, some of the coolant disappears. I can't find any signs of external leaks & there doesn't appear to be any water in the oil, (no scum or smells). So, I'm thinking it might be time for a head gasket change, before something 'big' happens.



Finally, to my questions!



Do I need to change the oil rail? Some say yes, some say no.

Do I need to use the 'saver shim' with the MLS gasket?

If yes to the above, will the head need skimming?



Thanks for your time & advice.



Steve.





from the last news http://ift.tt/OJIyye

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil