samedi 26 avril 2014

Diesel Autobox problems , AGAIN!!!!

OK, so a while back I put the 75 off the road, too many cars not enough money. Had it in a unit, but it got moved in and out almost daily, after a while the battery went flat as it wasn't getting run enough to charge it up, charged it up and fine, I half heartedly put an ad on here as spares or repairs, didn't really want to get rid of it, but no takers anyway.



Anyway, my son didn't have a car and his employer decided that because he was using the company vehicle to go and pick up his Kids once a week a mile away from home, that he was responsible for the repairs when it broke a spring and needed a tyre, so i said no chance, why don't you take the rover, as in BORROW, it's still mine. You can Tax it, Insure it, and use it. He was happy with that.



So I threw 2 new front tyres on it and chucked it up for an MOT, passed with flying colours, he taxed and insured it and off he went, 2 days later he said, it's stopped and won't start, Off the top of my head and through previous experience, i said, how much fuel is in it, He said 1/4 of a tank, bugger, I said, stick a gallon in it and try it again, he did and off it went, I explained the fault and not to let it below 1/2 a tank until i can fix it.



Another 2 days and, it's not driving right, not changing up, tried it myself for a couple of days, Put it in Drive and once it passes second it drops all drive and has to be restarted before you can get any drive, leave it in 2 and it drives, but obviously wont go past second, ok for very short journeys. Having had problems with the Autobox, and 2 previous, and obviously failed attempts by me to repair it, I said, ok find a box and I will chuck it in, Picked one up off Ebay for just under £200 delivered. Noticed that the Autobox Oil cooler under the N/S headlight, was quite mucky, stripped it out while the Subframe and box were out and cleaned it up with a jet wash and some air, took the fan off and free'd it up as it was stuck and not running, got it running, but it's a bit noisy, and also noticed that the temperature sensor on the cooler was broken, now I'm wondering if this has been a possible cause of the problems I had with the box, The fluid always smelt burnt whenever i drained any off so I will get a temperature sensor and throw that in ASAP, about £33 new from rover, then I will check the fan is working properly.





Box in and car driving like a dream again, but now the heater fan has stopped working, I checked the fan itself, and it's good, so I went for the usual suspect, the heater resistor pack, picked up a used one for £15, and put it in, fan ran for a day, now it won't go again, but i have just read on the forum of a similar fault, and that was traced to the relay under the bonnet, so I will have a look at that when he gets home





from the last news http://ift.tt/RVmRgN

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil