samedi 31 mai 2014

Starter Motor or Immobiliser???

I have recently started having some starting issues with 54 plate ZTcdti. On occasion it fails to turn over - I just get a click from engine and then nothing. All the lights come on as they should on the dashboard, plus the stereo and I can hear the fuel pumps working -front and rear.



Sometimes it just fails to start after a couple of attempts and then it fires up as normal.



Yesterday it took about 10 attempts for it to start, so clearly the problem is getting worse (although this morning it started first time).



I was thinking about getting a starter motor repair kit from ebay for about a tenner and replace the necessary parts.



The only thing that bothers me is that the sypmton is the same as the immobiliser cutting in.



I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if it was the starter motor. Also are these repair kits any good or should I look for a recon motor?



Any ideas would be gratefully received.



Cheers.





from the last news http://ift.tt/1mVjP6H

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil