mercredi 30 juillet 2014

Rover 45 2005 Service/CamBelt Schedule

Hi,



I only have a Haynes Manual for my original Rover 400. I now have a 1.4 Rover 45 2005 Hatch with only 60-ish thousand miles. I think I have been applying wrong service schedules.



I am very confused, reading through posts here, about the recommended intervals from MG Rover as regards CamBelt change for my facelift (with all the changes up, down, up again ), and servicing intervals.



I would be grateful if someone could post a link to official info or otherwise confirm situation. My current Belt is on its fourth year and very low mileage since last change. Gates Power Grip.



These days I only do 6k mile a year so its a waste to use ordinary oil and change only due to time passed. So can anyone clarify whether fully synthetic oil is suitable - I think I tried it a couple of years ago but I had to top it up frequently (maybe too thin or something). Was Magnatec. I now run semi-skimmed magnatec without problems. Been in for 1 year, only 6k miles, how long can I leave semi in for?



I am on original water pump and I run a very weak protection level of antifreeze. Original HeadGasket after 9 years (jealous? lol). I never changes the coolant. Only asks for top-ups 2 or maybee 3 times a year.



Also, any benefit to waterless coolant?



Thanks,





from the last news http://ift.tt/1nUQTyT

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil