samedi 30 août 2014

Custom actuator bracket help

I'll be fitting my TD04 soon so just getting the last few bits and pieces ready but having trouble with the wastegate actuator.



As I've had to clock the compressor housing the bolts that would usually hold the actuator are now on the opposite side of the housing.



I had mocked up a bracket but I've just rigged up a bicycle pump and boost gauge to the actuator to test everything and it turns out that the bracket actually flexes so the wastegate doesn't open fully, so it's back to the drawing board.



There's no where on the housing itself to put bolts into other than the original two holes which are now on the opposite side as I mentioned. I've seen other turbos where there are bolts on the back of the housing but this has nothing.



I've heard of people making brackets out of wheel spacers, which I've got a few lying around but can't see how that would work (or if it would have the same flexing problem as my bracket does).



I can get some pictures up if it's easier, for now here's a pic of the turbo BEFORE I clocked it, if you can imagine the housing is now rotated almost 180 degrees so that the outlet of the turbo is in the same position as the standard one, but the actuator stays where it is.








from the last news http://ift.tt/1B5iaC5

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil