samedi 30 août 2014

Instrument Cowl Repair

As it had reached the stage where the instrument cluster was holding the cowl on (rather than the other way round), I decided I ought to see about sticking it back down (I'm going to try a strip of Bituminous Tape used to fix BMW door seals).



Before this though, I decided to glue the remains of the three tabs back on the cowl. The glue i used for this is a rubberised cyanoacrylate which is flexible and designed to cope with a wide range of temperatures (plus, I already had it).



The glueing went well, unfortunately I dropped the cowl on the kitchen floor and it has now split. So, now I know why it broke on the first place: age+heat+UV has led to the plastic becoming very brittle.



Doesn't bode well for everyone else...





from the last news http://ift.tt/1B5iaSq

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil