dimanche 26 octobre 2014

A couple of questions

Hi, I'm a daily reader but a very infrequent poster. I have a 2004 45 TD that is on 205/40 16s and while measuring the arch gap to see if I could go to 45 or 50 profile tyres I noticed that the gap at 9 o'clock between the o/s/f wheel and arch is approx. 15 mm smaller than the same gap the either side.



Also, while checking the engine mounts to try and diagnose a clutch judder issue I saw that the top mount (the one with the big bush in one end, similar to a dog bone) is sitting at slightly off straight - at about 11 o'clock rather than 12.



I'm not sure how adjustable the front suspension is? Or does it mean that the car has had a smack in the past?



It drives straight and there is no uneven tyre wear. What do you guys think?



Also, I'm just about to buy a new bottom 'dog bone' engine mount to sort the clutch judder type issue - but how much is too much play? With the old one fitted and the engine blipped there is about 10-15mm movement with the engine rocking quite a lot. Incidentally, when I removed it to inspect the big bush was very easy to push out with 2 fingers.



Any help or advice is much appreciated.



Cheers.





from the last news http://ift.tt/1rGwlY3

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil