jeudi 26 février 2015

Coolant warning light

First of all can I apologise for asking for help quite a lot recently - not having a good time!



Anyway, here is my problem, which I'd be very grateful for some views on. Bought another 45 diesel last weekend - a 2005 model. It is in very good condition - 77,000 miles and has clearly been looked after. However, it's recent history being somewhat unknown I decided to give it a bit of a service. Changed the oil and filter, and also the air and fuel filters. I then noticed that the large intercooler hose had been rubbing on the top hose and that there were definite signs of wear on both - but no leaks.



Took them both off and taped them up with gaffa tape and rearranged them slightly to try and minimise any further wear. Put everything back to together and topped up the coolant, to replace the small amount lost when I removed the top hose. The car started fine and ran ok afterwards. I took the car on the road yesterday, for the first time after i had done this work, the coolant warning light came on a few times during a journey of about 25 miles - didn't know what the light was until I looked it up later.



This morning I went out to see if I could see anything wrong. There are no leaks and the coolant level in the expansion tank hasn't changed at all, but now the warning light stays on all the time.



Any ideas?





from the last news http://ift.tt/18oBjGr

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil