vendredi 27 février 2015

Is It Me ????

Ok I am getting a little disillusioned with car dealers are they a different breed to the rest of us? do I really need to ask that question as I already know the answer. I am in the market for another car and have been looking at another 75 or ZT browsing eBay and auto trader, there has been nothing local to me so I have been doing a bit of travelling, but not before I have spoken to the seller who always describe their cars as excellent condition doesn't need anything doing blah blah blah. So I make the journey and try to view 2 or 3 when in a certain area and what do find no receipt for a belt change or knackered tyres or rust or wet floors or mismatched paint work aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!! can no one be straight are they scared they are going to lose a sale? Well they do as I turn and walk away. Then last night topped it all off, SWMBO has had enough and started looking for cars herself and found a very nice S-Type J****r talked me into it and I arranged to go and see it travelling 110 miles it was described as perfect there was a video on YouTube and it had a full history the gearbox had been replaced under warranty by a dealer it had 4 New tyres " you could put a private plate on it and it could be mistaken for a 3 year old car" I was told. The pictures and video do look good, so I make the trip after some messing about on my behalf get there and straight away notice the rust , start the car and the exhaust is blowing at the back, whilst checking this out I notice that the rear tyres are knackered on the inside edge ( yes the car has had suspension bushes replaced, yeeaahh OK I am told) theres loads of receipts OH but not one for the gearbox, my son who was with me disappears at this point as dad is getting p****d off. After a few minutes my son calls me over and asks for the VIN number get it for him and he comes back to me a few minutes later and tells me he has phoned the dealer who is supposed to have done the gearbox swap and the independent who has also serviced the car just to cover all the bases and the box has NOT been replaced. I speak to the dealer about it who says he didn't say who replaced the box and he thinks I am being too fussy its an older car at which point I turn and walk away and make the 110 mile return trip totally fed up and being told I am too fussy, may be I should just throw my money away and by a 50 quid scrapper and be done with it. In my defence I am thorough when looking at a car as everybody advises you to be, I don't have loads of money to just throw away . So is it me being a fussy old b****r.





from the last news http://ift.tt/1E0YfXG

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil